Jeetendra was popular in the Bollywood industry as the 2nd highest paid Hindi actor. He served in the industry from 1980-89. Besides, he has also served as the guest appearance in a TV serial ‘Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki.’ Total film appearances come around 226 films, and among them, 121 of them were box office hits while the rest 102 were flops.
Early life & career
Jeetendra’s active acting career had spanned between the 1960s to the 1990s that made him get a significant break from his life. He did his start with V. Shantaram’s Boond jo ban gayee moti (1964). The film Farz (1967) was the first one to give him recognition. The movie had served as his stepping stone to success. he then went forward with picking the tee shirt and white shoes from a retail store. He did so for the Mast Baharon Ka Main Aashiq number in Farz. This symbol became his trademark. Following Farz, were some other movies like Caravan and Humjoli. These were some of them in which Jeetendra had more dance numbers.
The successful Indian actor, TV, and film producer had become the chairman of the Balaji Telefilms, Balaji Motion Pictures as well as ALT Entertainment. The significant recognition and Fame is for his dancing. He had also won the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003 and the Screen Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. His appearance in the South Indian film remakes during the 1980s also had made him the best. He was frequently cast in most of the movies. Ravi Kapoor, born in a business family had dealt with imitation Jewelry and lived his life in a chawl. When he was on the work of supplying jewelry to V. Shantaram, he got his role as the Sandhya’s double in the 1959 ‘Navrang’.
He had marked his appearance as a Bollywood leading man. ‘Geet Gaya Patharon Ne’ is one of the most famous. Ravi Kapoor was born on April 7, 1942, while Jeetendra birth’s was in 1964.on his journey of going for auditions, he used to get assistance from his childhood friend Rajesh Khanna. He did so to mug up his dialog and get guidance. The guidance worked a lot to learn expressions. Geet Gaaya Pattharonne was the first hit. But, this couldn’t be enough to fetch him offers as a lead hero. Farz, released in 1967 and was his 4th film appearance. This was the movie where he had acted for the 3rd time as the male lead. With his dramatic performance, he proved to be a known face in the public.
Born as Ravi Kapoor on 7 April 1940, the Indian actor, TV, and film producer has been awarded a Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003 as well as the Screen Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. Besides that, he has also got recognition in 1998 with the Guest of Honour Award at the 18th Ujala Cinema Express Awards. In 2000, he had won the Lifetime Achievement Award in film personalities. Again, in 2002 he had the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Zee Gold Bollywood Movie Awards.
Jeetendra’s actively served in Bollywood between the 1960s to the 1990s. His first significant break was V. Shantaram’s Boond jo ban gayee moti (1964). With the film Farz (1967), he had got the opportunity of stepping stone to success. Jeetendra had more dance numbers. In most of the movies that were rec9ognised in some of his most famous film.
Some of his most famous movies are Aadmi Khilona Hai (1993), Tohfa (1984), Haisiyat (1984), and Mera Saathi (1985).
Bollywood celebrities mired in controversies are quite common. Likewise, Jeetendra had to see allegations related to sexual assaults. However, his lawyer denies sexual assault allegations and has referred to these allegations as “baseless and fabricated”. The Veteran Bollywood actor Jeetendra was accused of sexually harassing a woman. The woman had claimed to be his cousin. However, this had happened almost five decades ago.
Some lesser-known facts
• In his career, he had been recognized for his famous dancing style.
• Jitendra and the late veteran actor Rajesh Khanna were childhood friends and schoolmates. they have completed their graduation from the same college, namely KC College.
• Jeetendra’s parents were into the imitation jewelry business and when he was on the verge of supplying the street to director V Shantaram, he was impressed by the gorgeous look offered to him to play in the movie Navrang.
• One of his movies geet Gaya pattharon Ne, was a major flop at the box office. So he could not find success so quickly. When he appeared in Farz, he saw commercial success.
• All his life, he had been quite energetic and enthusiastic in terms of his dance moves, and that became apparent in the song Mast Baharon Ka Main Aashiq. This was in the movie Farz that had given him the nickname Jumping Jack.
• In 1984, there was a drama maqsad where Rajesh Khanna and Jeetendra came together. Jaya Prada and Sridevi were the leading actresses in the movie, but at that time, they were not on speaking terms. For bringing them together, Khanna and Jitendra locked them up in the room, hoping that they will be turning friends. Even after opening spaces, the ladies were found sitting quietly at the two corners of the room.
• In the early seventies, Jeetendra and Hema Malini had fallen in love, and Hema Malini had claimed in the autobiography that they had almost got married, but she was the one who had backed out.
• Another actor Sanjeev Kumar had fallen in love with Hema Malini, and he had used Jeetendra as a conduit for wooing Hema. Hema Malini had refused because she was in love with Jeetendra.
• Ravi had met his wife, Shobha, when she was 14and was employed as an Air Hostess. Shobha was the one who had asked Dharmendra to change Hema’s mind.
• Shobha and Dharmendra had come by helicopter and convinced Jeetendra and Hema to never get married. Consequently, Jeetendra had promised that as soon as Bidai becomes a hit, he would marry Shobha in 1974. However, even after this, all the four were on good terms.
The above-listed facts about Jeetendra are relevant to his life.