When it comes to love nothing is impossible whether when it is religion or any kind of a person‘s background. This implies to the Bollywood stars too that have been proclaiming since it’s outset. However when in love, the battle goes with many obstacles and hurdles but in the end, one wins. The same story implies the very popular and well-known Bollywood celebrities too. So many of our stars have been in interfaith marriages as the couples have married to the other person being of some other religious background. They got hitched to partners from other religions. Most of them had a very easy go round way to win their loved ones but some of them had a very great battle to win love.
Many of the Bollywood stars have been into a very iconic and filmy kind of relationship and their love stories have been such a masala one, that it came into all the limelight that it could have been in. So many obstacles and the battle of love has been faced by some of the celebrities as their parents were like a villain and in the opposition for being against their relationships and marriage. But as it concludes to be happy endings ever, therefore, their love to end in a very happy way. As same as in the movies, the celebs in the reality shows the perfect examples of being in true love and their strong commitment as they hold the true meaning to it and their commitments. Despite facing all the big challenges of being belonging to different religions they still dared to conquer it all. And those who were being able to conquer and win their love are known to be the most powerful and famous inter-religion couples of the Bollywood industry. And their marriages are known to be the most renowned ones.
Here is the list of top famous Bollywood celebrity couples who had interfaith marriages after facing various challenges of belonging to different religious backgrounds.
1. Sunil Dutt and Nargis- Their story is full of Bollywood masala as it is the most iconic and filmy one. The reason behind their married was Sunil Dutt. As the actor saved the most beautiful actress—Nargis, during the shooting of the movie “Mother India” when the fire broke. Nargis was impressed with Sunil Dutt‘s bravery and that became the reason for her falling in love with Sunil. So she decided to get married to him. He was a Punjabi Hindu from the Jhelum district. Nargis converted to Hinduism on her marriage and change her name to Nirmala Dutt. The couple got married on March 11 in the year 1958.
2. Mohsin Khan and Reena Roy- The Pakistani Cricketer Mohsin khan also acted in a few Bollywood films whereas Reena Roy is one of the most glorious and popular actresses of her times in the industry. When news of her relationship with the Pakistani cricketer—Mohsin came the couple became a media sensations. They had to deal with these problems of being in the limelight at that time. Nothing, however, could hinder their love and compassion for each other. They got married in the year 1983 and shifted to Bombay. Unfortunately, afterwards, their marriage didn’t work and last for long. So the couple got separated and divorced later.
3. Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Chibber- The King Khan of the Bollywood industry known as Shahrukh Khan has been famously known and created his name for being into the most romantic roles in the film. He is known for being Hindi cinemas King of romance as he was in his personal life too. Bollywood’s Badshah felt in love with in Hindu Brahmin family girl named Gauri Chibber. As being into the most romantic roles the actor is also very passionate in his real-life too. Gauri‘s family most especially her brothers were against this relationship and their marriage. After going through all the hurdles, disagreements and strong resistance from Gauri‘s family Shahrukh Khan still married her. His belief in love is what supported him from conquering his love. The couple got married in the year 1991 and comes on the list of being the best example of finality in marriage since then.
4. Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao- “Mr perfectionist” a name given to the popularly known artist in the industry is Aamir Khan. He fell in love with Kiran Rao in the year 2001, during the shooting of the movie “Lagaan”. Aamir was already married to Reena Dutta. Whereas Kiran Rao belongs to a Brahmin family from Bangalore. Aamir got divorced from Reena to get married to Kiran. Aamir and Kiran got married in the year 2005. Despite being the religion differences between them, they got married to each other which sets a perfect example of true love.
5. Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan- Sussanne and Hrithik are the most talked-about couples of the Hindi cinema or the Bollywood industry. They both got separated from each other years back but the couple made an interfaith marriage once a time. Both of them have set an example of commitment and true love for society and have stated the meaning of true love very well. Reports showed that they were in true love with each other since childhood and got married in the year 2000. But unfortunately, their marriage did not work and last well so they got divorced in the year 2014, after 14 years of their marriage. Hrithik and Sussanne have two sons. They still spend time with them as a family together for their sons.
6. Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza- They met on the set of “Tujhe Meri Kasam” and fell in love with each other. The couple is known to be the sweetest and gorgeous couple in Bollywood. This super cute couple of Bollywood is one of the sporty samples of inter-faith marriages. Genelia is a Mangalorean Catholic And Ritesh on the other hand, is a Maharashtrian Hindu. They got married in both the following rituals i.e. Maharashtrian as well as Christian style in the year 2012. Currently, the couple is blessed with two baby boys and still make a perfect couple of Bollywood industry.
7. Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora- Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora are the couples who again shows the meaning of love as Arbaaz felt in love with Malaika Arora Khan, the “Chhaiyya Chhaiya” girl. They both got in love during doing an advertisement for a coffee brand that was named “Mr. coffee” in the year 1993. In that year the start of their love story began and they said they had love at first sight while an interview. Malaika met Arbaaz when she was just 18 years of age, during that advertisement only. And the couple dated for some years. After a while, Arbaaz took permission from the actress‘s mother and they had a Christian wedding. The couple has a son together but unfortunately, their marriage did not last and work. So they got divorced lately.
8. Kunal Khemu and Soha Ali Khan- Love is the only tradition of the Pataudi family, as most of them are married to a person belonging to a different religion. Just like his brother Saif Ali Khan, Soha Ali Khan also chooses to marry her longtime boyfriend, Kunal Khemu. They met on the set of “Dhundhte Reh Jaoge” (2009)and fell in love with each other. They dated each other for quite a long time before they got hitched. The couple got married on January 25, in the year 2014. Even they were in a live-in relationship before they tied a knot.
9. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor- The Pataudi Khan and a well-known talented actor Saif Ali Khan got married to the very popular actress Kareena Kapoor, who’s commonly known as “Bebo”. The couple together is popularly known as “Safineena”, and Saif Kareena together makes the most talked-about couples in the whole industry. They both got married lavishly in the year 2012 after going through five years of courtship. Most of the audiences and fans thought that Kareena would change her religion after the marriage but like Sharmila Tagore, her mother-in-law she too chooses to stay a Hindu forever. Kareena and Saif make the most ravishing couple even after eight years of their marriage. The couple had a child named Taimur Ali Khan whom they gave birth to in the year 2016. But recently they had their second child who’s a baby boy.
10. Shirish Kunder and Farah Khan- Shirish Kunder and Farah Khan met on the sets of “Main Hoon Na” and soon fell in love with each other. The couple faced many hurdles in their marriage and disagreements related to their religious differences as well as significant age differences. Farah is Eight years elder than Shirish Kunder. Despite all the problems, the couple got married in the year 2004. Currently, they are blessed with three kids.
11. Farhan Akhtar and Adhuna Bhabani- Farhan Akhtar and Adhuna Bhabani felt in love with each other during the making of the movie “Dil Chahta Hai”. The Bhaag Milkha Bhaag actor and Adhuna dated each other for three years and then got married. Like others, both of them too belonged to different religions, beliefs and backgrounds. Farhan is younger than Adhuna i.e. Adhuna is six years elder than him. The couple together has two daughters. Unfortunately, their marriage also did not last and work, so they both got separated and parted ways in the year 2016.
12. Sohail Khan and Seema Sachdev- Sohail Khan and Seema Sachdev are again the couples who did an interfaith marriage. Sohail Khan a very popular and known actor of the Bollywood industry felt in love with a girl named Seema Sachdev who belonged to a Punjabi background and was a Punjabi girl. The couple together had a very exciting love story which came to be known as nothing less than a Bollywood “Filmy” kind of a story. When Sohail Khan‘s first movie being a director named “Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya” was released the couple fled away. Sohail and Seema got married as per the rituals of Arya Samaj but later in the particular day’s evening they had a Muslim wedding named “Nikah”. Later on, their families accepted each other and now the couple has been blessed with two sons.
13. Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah- Naseeruddin Siddiqui and Ratna Pathak Shah met in the year 1975 during the rehearsal of their play and felt in love with each other in that particular year only. Naseeruddin Shah is a very well known and popular actor, who was already married and had a daughter from his previous wife. But his first marriage did not affect his present relationship with Ratna Pathak Shah. So the couple got married in the year 1982. They both have two sons now.
14. Preity Zinta and Gene Goodenough- On February 28, 2016, Preity Zinta got married to her longtime beau, Gene Goodenough. The couple dated each other for quite some time before tying the knot. They got hitched to each other in a Hindu wedding ceremony in Los Angeles with an only intimate gathering of family and very close friends. Gene Goodenough is a Christian from the USA whereas Preity Zinta belongs to a Punjabi family.
15. Dia Mirza and Sahil Sangha- There is no doubt that Dia Mirza is one of the most gorgeous and beautiful actresses in the Bollywood industry. Dia was once honoured with and won Miss Asia Pacific 2000 title. The actress made her debut with “Rehna Hai Tere Dil Main” in the year 2001. By genetics, she is half German and half Bengali Hindu, and by parentage, she is half Muslim, as she bears her stepfather’s surname Mirza. Dia got married to her longtime business partner Sahil Sangha on October 18, 2014. However, the two got separated and parted ways in August 2019.
So this was the list of the famous and well known Bollywood celebrities couples who had interfaith marriages after facing a long battle for their love as their courage and self-support helped them to win their loved one forever, irrespective of their religious backgrounds.