Marriage is one of the most special and is considered to be a big deal in India. It is all about adjusting to the new house with the respective families. Bollywood too gets into this. Nobody is spared from this. But there are some cases where the actresses shared their previous skin and became successful even after their marriages failed. Although the media portraits it in very different ways. Still, some considered it to be very publicity stunts or something but what so ever the reason may be actresses do well in their career although being parted away too. Many such actresses have been separated from their husbands but have still boosted up their Bollywood career even after the relationship failed and made up to the cinema very well. The super talented actresses were eclipsed after their marriage, for some, the stardom arrived only after they called it quits.
Here is the list of Top Bollywood actresses who became successful even after their marriages failed and the actresses who had a super hit career only after a flop marriage.
1. Leela Chitnis- Leela Chitnis is known well for her talented and great acting as she is known for her roles of being a mother of the various lead stars as she has perfectly portrayed those characters. Leela separated from her husband after starting her career in Bollywood and after getting fame. Being separated from her fellow husband, she got all the status and respect in Bollywood because of that. She did a lot of roles in her Bollywood career but none of them worked and was successful until when she got separated from her husband then all her roles were a huge success for her.
2. Rakhee Gulzar- Rakhee Gulzar a very well-known Bollywood actress when started her career with the Bollywood industry, wasn’t that successful when living with her husband as she was not able to fulfil her dreams because of him. After realising her passion for the industry she separated with her fellow husband Gulzar and afterwards both of them had a separate living. Rakhee has given some very super hits and spectacular performances in the B-town after letting herself being free. “Sharmeelee” is one of her great and well-known performances till now.
3. Mallika Sherawat- A very well-known B-town actress/item girl—Mallika Sherawat who has been one of the most famous commercial models and has also done advertisements was the one whose real career started when she got separated from her husband. She played superb roles in many films, some of them include “Murder” and “Khwahish” after which she got into the limelight and gained a lot of fame in her entire acting career. She’s separated from Karan Singh Gill and did not make it up to the public. Afterwards, she joined the Bollywood industry and made a huge success in a career. Yet, Mallika is giving her best performances that are worth a lot of appreciation.
4. Kalki Koechlin- Kalki Koechlin is a very talented actress of Bollywood who has a lot of presence and is always in the limelight because of her superhit performances in the movies. She’s besides being an actress has also done out-of-the-box films, events, campaigns, podcast, YouTube videos and many other things. The actress has a vivacious name and her character resembles being a very sensible one in the industry. Kalki debuted in the Bollywood industry by the film “Dev D” which was directed by Anurag Kashyap. The movie had a lot of critical acclaims and also Anurag as a life partner to her. After they both separated, Kalki did short roles in many movies and also got a chance to play a character in the movie “Shaitan”. The movie turned out to be one of the best movies of her and she proved to be undoubtedly the best and talented Bollywood actress. Other than this, her roles in the movies “Margarita With A Straw”, “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” and “yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” was commendable and appreciable.
5. Zeba Bakhtiar- Zeba Bakhtiar a well-known actress was married to Anam Sami whose a well-known singer. Same as the other actresses, Zeba was also not able to make a success in the roles after her marriage and failed her acting career. Whereas when she separated from her husband her roles get back on track and she worked in great movies such as “021”, “Bin Roye” and “Babu”. Her son who was named Azaan is now working as a producer while her mother as an actress, who’s bringing back good shows to the Pakistani screen now.
6. Chitrangada Singh- Chitrangada Singh is one of the most gorgeous, beautiful and talented actresses amongst all Bollywood actress. She has given her beautiful performances in many such movies one of them include the movie “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi” in which she gave a very memorable and remarkable performance out there for her audience. The actress married in the year 2001 to Jyoti Randhawa. Afterwards, she continued to work in the Bollywood industry but did not make a very great remark of her as an actress and also did not had a huge success. Her performance was degraded movie by movie and she was not good anymore as it used to be. Chitrangada decided to move apart from her husband in the year 2014 and they both separated. Later she made a comeback in Bollywood and worked for an item song “Aao Raja” which became one of the most viewed videos on YouTube. Furthermore, she played many roles in the movies which made a mark again for her to be a very talented actress. The movies include “Biwi Aur Gangster”, “Saheb” and many more. They were quite well and came into the limelight and also were very amazing. She got huge fame and the biggest reason for that was her great role in the film “Desi Boyz”.
7. Aditi Rao Hydari- Aditi Rao Hydari also a very well-known and talented actress who worked in the most famous movie “Delhi 6” was in the lead role in that movie. Aditi was married at the age of 17 and tied the knot, belonging to a royal lineage, with her childhood sweetheart. There were many complexities and complications in their relationship, one of them included some of the ideological differences and the age gap too. Aditi married at a very young age and parted ways at the age of 21. Afterwards, she did some South Indian movies and rose to the stardom as she is today when she got separated and parted away from her husband. Furthermore, she gave power-packed performances in the films like “Yeh Saali Zindagi”, “Delhi 6”, “Rockstar” and many more.
8. Vidya Malvade- Vidya Malvade before entering the Bollywood industry was a law graduate as well as an air hostess. When she was an air hostess, at that time she met her husband Captain Arvind Singh Bagga, who a couple of years passed away in an airline crash. It was at this time that Vidya decided to move on in her life and join the Bollywood industry. Furthermore, her start in Bollywood was not a huge success but still, she was known by many. Vidya after some hurdles in her career worked in a movie which got her all the fame today. The movie was “Chak De”. Doing a few other roles here and there, the actress didn’t let her down in establishing herself as a promising actress in the Bollywood industry. Afterwards, she got married to screenwriter— Sanjay Dayma in the year 2009.
9. Mahie Gill- A very talented and well-known gorgeous actress—Mahie Gill entered into the Bollywood industry like a storm and with her stunning performances and also her post-divorce. She got separated from her husband and then was able to uplift her Bollywood career on a very great level but still, both of them are good friends till now. Mahie is best known for her notable roles in the movies such as “Biwi Aur Gangster series”, “Dev D”, “Saheb”, and many more.
So, these were the list of top Bollywood actresses who never believed in failing their careers even after failing in their marriages. These were all of them who still dared to start again and boost their career in the Bollywood industry well!