So here we presented you the list of 5 stand-out Bollywood actors from India who have made waves in Hollywood for many years and now for their acting skills.
The late Irrfan Khan was an Indian film actor known for his primary work in Hindi cinema and praised for his works internationally. He seamless conqueror of British films and the Hollywood industry. From Oscar winners to blockbusters, Khan had been part of a broad range of international cameos where he has shown his versatility in the action of the top Hollywood movies.
He was never contemplating a romantic role in India, and it was something he joked about it. He could have got many more performing arts in the West, but his untimely death by the neuroendocrine tumor cut off tragically his career. Here presenting a list of some of the Hollywood productions where he has been part of includes:
- The warrior(2001) Directed by Asif Kapadia. Its stars Irrfan khan as Lafcadio, a Rajasthani widowed warrior who attempts to give up the sword.
- The Namesake(2006) Directed by Mira Nair. Khan played the role of Asoke Ganguli, a first-generation immigrant from West Bengal living in New York City.
- Partition(2007)Directed by Vic Sarin. Irrfan played the role of Avtar Singh.
- The Darjeeling Limited(2007)Directed by Wes Anderson. Khan played a cameo role of the father in this Wes Anderson-directed film about three brothers traveling across India.
- A Mighty Heart(2007)Directed by Michael Winterbottom. Khan played the role of Zeeshan Kazmi, a Karachi police chief.
- Slumdog Millionaire(2008)Directed by Danny Boyle. Khan was seen as a police inspector.
- New York, I Love You(2009)Directed by Mira Nair. Irrfan Khan portrayed Mansukhbhai against Natalie Portman in one of the short stories in this film.
- Life of Pi(2012)Directed by Ang Lee.: Irrfan Khan played the adult version of the prime mover ‘Pi Patel’ also served as the movie’s narrator as it was set in flashbacks.
- The Amazing Spiderman(2012)Directed by Marc Webb. Khan played the role of Rajit Ratha, an executive working for the organization Oscorp.
- Jurassic World(2015)Directed by Colin Trevorrow. In Jurassic Park 4 Khan featured Simon Masrani, the owner of the Jurassic World.
- Inferno(2016)Directed by Ron Howard. He played the role of Harry Sims, the head of The Consortium.
- Puzzle(2018)Directed by Marc Turtletube. Irrfan played his last international role of Robert, a former puzzle tournament champion in this movie.
Anupam Kher has been portrayed in different kinds of positive and negative roles in Bollywood movies. He is the most versatile and impressive actor in Bollywood. Anupam Kher is known for his Hollywood appearance in a few movies where he has acted opposite some of the most famous Hollywood cast, including Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. His clean portrayal of the character earned him critical praise in Hollywood. He also shared screen space with Robert De Niro. Here are some of his Hollywood movies where he has been part of:
- Bend It like Beckham, directed by Gurinder Chadha(2002)
- Banana Brothers Directed by Girija Shankar(2003)
- Bride and Prejudice, directed by Gurinder Chadha(2004)
- The Mistress of Spices Directed by Paul Mayeda Berges(2005)
- Gandhi Park Directed by Tom George(2007)
- Lust, Caution directed by Ang Lee. Won Golden Lion Award in(2007)
- The Other End of the Line Directed by James Dodson(2008)
- You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger Directed by Woody Allen(2010)
- The Lion of Judah, Directed by Deryck Broom Roger Hawkins(2011)
- Silver Lining’s Playbook Directed by David O Russell(2012)
- A Family Man Directed by Mark Williams(2016)
- The Headhunter’s Calling Directed by Mark Williams(2016)
- The Big Sick, directed by Michael Showalter(2017)
3- Kabir Bedi
Not many know this, but Kabir Bedi was the first Indian actor who makes it to the Hollywood industry with John Glenn’s 1983 James Bond film Octopussy and James Bond actor Roger Moore. He played the villain’s right-hand man Gobinda. Many parts of the film were shot in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Apart from that, he has also worked alongside some of the famous actors in Hollywood, including Maud Adams and Rutger Hauer. Besides that, some of the other popular Hollywood movies and TV series he has been part of includes:
- The Black Corsair(1976)
- The Thief of Baghdad(1978)
- The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire(1981)
- 40 days of Musa Dagh(1982)
- Satan’s Mistress(1982)
- Beyond Justice(1991)
- Lie down with lions(1994)
- All About her
- Edict of Expulsion 1492(2017)
4- Naseeruddin Shah
Being called the powerhouse of acting and an influential figure in Bollywood, Naseeruddin Shah has several recognized to his name for his creative acting on both stage and the screen. Besides the excess of Bollywood movies that he has been part of, he has also made a powerful presence in some Hollywood movies by his well-known work.
Alongside he has been part of some of the famous short films as well. He has acted with some of the legendary actors, including Shane West and Sean Connery. Fun the fact that he was not too eager for auditioning the role of Dumbledore, so he rejected it. Here are some of the Hollywood movies that he has been part of:
- The Perfect Murder, Directed by Zafar Hai(1988)
- Such a long journey Directed by Sturla Gunnarsson(1998)
- The league of extraordinary gentleman Directed by Stephen Norrington(2003)
- The Great New Wonderful, Directed by Danny Leiner(2005)
- Today’s Special Directed by David Kaplan(2009)
- The Coffin Maker, Directed by VeenaBakshi(2013)
- Mango Dreams, Directed by John Upchurch(2016)
5- Om Puri
Words fall short to appreciate this legend in the Bollywood industry who has successfully tapped into the Hollywood industry with passion Late Om Puri. A skilled Bollywood gem gave the audience many mesmerized movies and surprised everyone with his acting skills.
He was the only Indian actor who was paid tribute at the Oscar Awards till the date. This Legendary actor was one of those few actors known for his work from Bollywood to British and Pakistani cinema. The actor was praised for the Award-winning film Gandhi directed by Richard Attenborough.
- He has been part of some of the most popular films include:
- City of Joy Directed by Roland Joffe(1992)
- My Son the Fanatic Directed by Udayan Prasad(1997)
- East is East Directed by Damien O’Donnell (1999)
- Wolf Directed by Mike Nichols and starring Jack(1994)
- Code 46 Directed by Michael Winterbottom (2003)
- Charlie Wilson’s War Directed by Mike Nichols(2007)
- The Ghost and the Darkness, directed by Stephen Hopkins (1996)
- The Hundred-Foot Journey Directed by Lasse Hallstrom(2014)
Edited by Urvashi Gupta