Born in Belwa, West Champaran, Bihar, Manoj Bajpayee is a prominent actor in India. He was the second of the six siblings in his family. After completing his schooling, he studied at Maharani Janaki College in Bettiah till his 12th grade. He has worked in the Bollywood film industry over the years and has had diverse film releases like Bhosle and Mrs serial killer. He had made his presence as a singer with the relevant and hard-hitting song Bambai main ka ba.
The 51-year-old multi-hyphenate talent slip, which has played numerous significant roles, is renowned. Manoj Bajpayee, who is also credited as Manoj Bajpai, a versatile Indian film actor, has predominant work in Hindi cinema and has also done Tamil and Telugu movies. He is also a recipient of two National Film Awards, two Asia Pacific Screen Awards, four Filmfare Awards, and numerous others for an actor’s best performance in 2019. He was also given the honor of the fourth highest civilian Padma Shri for his contribution to Art.
Early life & career
Born on 23rd April 1969, he is one of the best actors in the industry. As a child, he had started his career with the Desire to become an actor. His father had gone through lots of difficulty in collecting money for education. First of all, he moved to New Delhi at 17 and went to Satyawati and then to Ramjas College Delhi University. He came to know about the National School of Drama from actors like Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri. And so he applied for the same. He was rejected thrice and wanted to commit suicide afterward. He just kept up with the hopes.
Impressed by his acting skills, Barry John’s workshop hired him and suggested his teaching. After that, he applied at the national school of drama for the first time, and then he got the school’s teaching position. He had married a girl from Delhi. But he had divorced her during the period of struggle. Then he met the actress Shabana Raza who is also known as Neha. Right after her debut in the film Kareeb in 1998, the couple married in 2006, and now they have a daughter. The career period shows debut and breakthrough between 1994 and 2001, career struggle between 2004 and 2009, and his life is a lot better from 2010 till present. Career life has been a good one when he has seven days of receiving the highest civilian honor Padma Shri for his Arts contribution.
Besides, he has made a lot of contributions to the web series industry. The performance has received all the positive responses from the critics. Everyone has praised him due to his effort to display excellent acting skills. Some of his latest movies from 2019-2021 include the family man, Mrs serial killer, Bambai main Kaba, Suraj pe Mangal Bharti, and Satyameva Jayate 2(2021).
Manoj Bajpai has achieved the Padma Shri, National Film Fare awards, and other national awards.
The remarkable Bollywood career was marked due to his well-known films like Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012, Bhosle in 2020, and Aligarh in 2015. He is again making better Bollywood and Hollywood movies, but the performance always made his presence feel international. He is a prominent film actor who is continuously striving in Hindi cinema and is also making renowned movies in Telugu and Tamil languages. Manoj Bajpai is proving to be one of the finest actors in the industry and is known for his stellar performance.
The critically acclaimed actor and the two-time national award winner have won the hearts of a large audience and will make lots of new movies in the coming years. Over 25 years, he has struggled a lot in the industry. Like many Bollywood actors, he has become a renowned actor who is just waiting for Hollywood’s venture.
One of the significant controversies around him is that he refused the offer of work in Aamir Khan Dangal as he was not satisfied with the role he was meant to play. Again Juhi Chawla replaced him from the film chalk N Duster just because she thought that his looks are not appropriate for the movie’s role. The film Kriti also has many issues related to plagiarism, and he has been rumored to steal someone else’s idea. Manoj Bajpai, who played one of the lead roles in director real Kriti film, has said that the controversy over the copyright issues is hurtful to someone being called a thief.
Some lesser-known facts
● He belongs to a straightforward farmer family who was born on 23rd April 1969.
● His father, Radha Kant Bajpai, was a farmer, and his mother was only a housewife.
● He was named after the Legendary actor Manoj Kumar.
● Since he belonged to a low-income family, his father couldn’t spend much on his education.
● He had been helping his father in farming when he was back in boarding school.
● It was his dream to become an actor, and so he completed the rest of his schooling from Bettiah and later on moved to Delhi. When he came to Delhi, he stayed at the brother’s house.
● He traveled too without a reservation, although he wasn’t aware that it is illegal.
● His father always sent him 200 rupees a month for studying, and he used to survive with that amount only. It was his dream to join the acting institute, but he had always failed in his efforts.
● During his College Days of school, his concentration was on acting. He used to study to pass the exams only one month before the exam. He also had that semi-classical dance for four years.
● Ram Gopal Varma’s head first discovered the field while casting and later apologized to him for giving him a too-small role for his caliber.
● He had won the best critics award for the best performance for the movie school in 1999. the movie Pinjar also made him the National Film Award winner in the special jury award category.
● It is hard to believe, but, indeed, he never looks in the mirror while getting makeup done and doesn’t care about how he looks.
There are very few people in Bollywood who have this amount of confidence, like Manoj Bajpai. he has gained some of the biggest compliments that one could ever garner.