Aamir Khan is an actor-filmmaker, television talk-show host, director by profession born on 14 March 1965. He has a career of more than 30 years in Indian cinema, making him the most popular and influential actor in Hindi films. Its full name is Mohammed Amir Hussain Khan. Newsweek has described him as the biggest movie star in the world. The actor has been honoured with several awards, including nine Filmfare Awards, an AACTA award, and four national film awards. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2003 and 2010, he was honoured with Padma Bhushan, and also he had received an honor of honorary title from the government of China in 2017. He has been tested in the list among the 500 most influential Muslims of the world for years.
Life & Career
He debuted on the Screen for the first time in the movie Yaadon ki Baaraat, directed by his uncle Nasir Hussain. He also played a role in an experimental film Holi in a theatre. The debut film was Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, a romantic movie, played a crucial role and left a speechless image in front of the audience. He won the first Filmfare award for the best actor in the film Raja Hindustani (1996), Sarfarosh (1999) and Dil (1990).
His first production house, Aamir Khan Productions, was established in 1999. In 2001, Lagaan was the first film under this banner. The film was awarded to Filmfare award in the category of Best Film and Best actor and also honoured him with the national film award for the Best popular cinema, and was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best foreign language film. He came into notice when his outstanding movies like Fanna and Rang De Basanti was released. In 2007, he came up with his debut directorial with Taare Zameen Par, which won the Filmfare awards for the best film.
In 2008 he again came to the box office with his thriller movie Ghajini which became the most extraordinary global success. In 2009, the comedy-drama three idiots gave a life learning listen to every parent and student, winning hearts. The satire movie PK in 2014 was a controversial movie, but it earned crores at the box office. His films usually deal with social issues that are famous in the Indian society, in turn, they are the combination of commercial masala films and entertainment movie tends
to give a strong message to the public with entertainment.
With the film industry, the actor has been participating And speaking about the various social causes which have sparked controversies in politics. He hosted the talk show Satyamev Jayate on television, which noticed a compassionate issue, eventually motivating the Indian Parliament. The actor is also an activist and humanitarian who has tackled every problem related to poverty education discrimination. His hard work towards the social issues has brought him into the list of time hundred list of most influential people in the world. The actor got first married in 1986 for 14 years, then he got divorced in 2002, after which he got married to the film director Kiran Rao in 2005. He is a father to 3 children – two with Reena Gupta and one with Kiran Rao through surrogacy.
The actor was born in Bombay to a film producer, Tahir Hussain, and Zeenat Hussain, housemaker. Some of his relatives were members of Indian cinema, including his uncle, Nasir Hussain, the famous producer-director. The actor is also associated with the Indian Islamic scholar politician, Abul Kalam Azaad and a philosopher through his grandmother. He has three siblings, two Sisters for Ratan and Nikhat Khan and a brother Faisal Khan. Imran Khan, his nephew, has also played as a lead actor in many films of Bollywood.
The actor went to J.B.Pettit school for his primary education, then joined Saint Anne’s high school in Bandra till the eighth grade. He completed his 10th class at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim. he later switched to Narsi Mumbai college to achieve his 12th grade.
The actor has mentioned that childhood was the most challenging phase of his life due to his family’s financial problems. In an interview, he also said that in a day, at least 30 calls from creditors came asking for the money. His life was a risk because of the fear of being expelled from school. The actor’s parents did not want him to join the film industry; instead, they wished him to pursue a career as an engineer or doctor.
Amir Khan has done many endorsements like Snapdeal, Tata sky, Godrej, Titan watches, Samsung, etc. The actor stated in an interview that he tried to do things differently so that it is possible for him to create an ability to grasp anything that he dreams of. He had an independent approach to film making. The actor does not like attending award ceremonies on this. The actor has mentioned that the film awards lack credibility. He has been nominated numerous times, but he had an image
of avoiding Award ceremonies and not accepting any prize. He believes that by going to the award ceremonies, he’ll earn nothing, but he would prefer to stay away.
1. Gujrat Riots: In 2006 Narmada Bachao Andolan movement was supported by Aamir Khan where he gave statements regarding Narendra Modi, which turned into an official ban of fanna. All the theatre owners refused to screen the film in Gujarat. The posters were burned off by the actor after the statement he made.
2. In 2015, the actor mentioned his fear about the rising intolerance in the country in an event hosted by the newspaper Indian Express in New Delhi where he expressed his concern for his family and brother suggested moving out of India. He emerged the antinational what an individual section of the country where he was referred to as an antinational, while on the other hand, some applauded him and voiced their agreement.
3.The actor is strictly under the influence of following the policy of no awards ceremonies for years now. The primary rumor that came into notice occurred in 1991 when Anil Kapoor starrer movie beta and Aamir Khan starrer movie Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar were great competitors for Best Actor. There were rumors that Anil Kapoor belonged to the Kapoor family where his brother Boney Kapoor the famous director-producer, bribed the Filmfare Sponsors for his brother and bragged the best actor award, Which made Aamir Khan upset about the film where the movie did not win any prize. Since then, the actor did not show up for any award function, though there were many theories against and for the decision.
4.There were controversies regarding the Cold War between Aamir Khan and Salman Khan. Both the actors have just worked together in one movie, “Andaaz Apna Apna,” but later, they were never seen together in any film. The professional rivalry can be easily seen or witnessed between Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan because they were never friends. Sometimes, there has been an ego problem between the actors because Aamir Khan, being called the perfectionist of Bollywood, does not work for the money that’s on at the box office. Instead, he focuses on the quality of the film. He is called the perfectionist because his one film in a year earns revenue equal to 3 to 4 movies by any actor in a year.
Some of the more remarkable facts:
1. His weight is approximately 70 kgs, and his height is 5’3″.
2. His debut as a child actor movie Yaadon ki Baaraat in 1973. His debut as a lead actor was in the movie coolie 1984. He has been awarded many Filmfare awards in the category of best actor and best director.
3. He had also been awardedWith the Padma Shri by the government of India in 2003 and 2009 Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar by the government of Maharashtra was ordered to him. In 2010 the government of India rewarded him with Padma Bhushan. The government of China also honoured him with the national treasure of India in 2017.
4. He is 55 years old, and his zodiac sign is Pisces.
5. He is a Sunni by his caste.
6. His ethnicity is mixed, which is mainly Pathan.
7. He is a vegetarian. At the age of 51, he decided to quit non-vegetarian food.
8. He lives in his view Apartments opposite Mehboob studio Hills Road Bandra West Mumbai Maharashtra in India.
9. His hobbies are listening to old music watching movies Playing chess, tennis, and cricket.
10. Junaid Khan and Ira Khan are the children from his first wife. Azad Rao Khan is the only one spent with his second wife, Kiran Rao.
11. His favorite dishes are Indian and Mughlai dishes.
12. He likes Amitabh Bachchan Govinda, and His famous actress Is Madhubala and Sridevi. He enjoys going to Indiana Jones in Mumbai. His destinations or Mahabaleshwar punch Gani.
13. He offers to listen to Puri Taal Mile from the movie Anokhi Raat.
14. He has the most extraordinary collection of cars, including Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental, Rolls-Royce ghost Phantom Land Rover range Rover SUVBMW6 series.
15. His net worth is Rs.13002 crores. He charges 60 crores per film.
16. Aamir Khan is often seen smoking and drinking.
17. His great grand uncle Abdul Kalam Azad is a famous Indian a freedom fighter is he led the club with movement.
18. He had crazy about balloons in kites in his childhood.
19. While filming for the movie Ghulam which had a scene of Aamir running on the railway track, he just missed the train by 1.3 seconds, where the scene was also awarded the Best location.
20. He consumed one bottle of vodka to deliver Who is a character more efficiently for the shoot of the song Tere Ishq. Madame Tussauds invited him for the display office wax invitation, where he declined it.
20. He does not believe in the paparazzi and showbiz, so we do not go to parties and celebrate his birthdays.
21. The actor gained 28 kgs of weight to play the role of Mahavir Singh Phogat in his movie Dangal and then lost 25 cages in the duration of 5 to 6 months to play younger Mahavir Singh Phogat.
22. He has also been selected as an official ambassador of UNICEF.
23. Aamir loves solving Rubik’s cubes. Hi, solve the cube in just 36 Seconds.
24. He has shot a video of Akshay Kumar and twinkles Khanna India wedding ceremony.